Study theatre at Hesston College!
Students who want to study theatre as a significant part of their college experience are eligible to audition for a Hesston College Theatre Scholarship. Theatre Scholarship Audition Days will give you a preview of theatre opportunities at Hesston College. Thousands of scholarship dollars are available to qualified applicants.
We offer the following audition dates:
- Friday, October 4, 2019
- Friday, October 25, 2019
- Friday, November 15, 2019
- Friday, March 6, 2020
- By appointment (Priority given to students who audition by April 1, 2020.)
- Students auditioning for a theatre performance scholarship will perform two memorized contrasting monologues (ex. comedic, dramatic, classical, contemporary). The pieces should not exceed 3 minutes in combined length and should showcase your ability.
- Students interested in musical theatre may prepare a song from musical theatre as an alternative to one monologue.
- Students pursuing a technical theatre scholarship do not need to audition. They may set up an interview and should bring samples of design related work such as sketches, design renderings for costume, scenery, lights, etc., photos from shows or prompt books and one letter of recommendation from their supervising director or instructor who has worked closely with the student.
- All students should bring a theatre resume.
Audition days include a brief tour of the theatre facility, the opportunity to interact with faculty and students and to attend classes and rehearsals.
Recipients of theatre scholarships agree to actively participate in the Hesston College theatre program. Requirements include:
- Audition for all main stage productions during your two years at Hesston College
- Enroll in drama participation each semester
- Enroll in Acting (ThAr 127) in your first year
- Demonstrate responsibility and leadership among peers within the theatre program and across campus
Performing Arts students who maintain at least a 2.75 grade point average and remain in good standing in the theatre program may renew their scholarships as sophomores.
Why should I come to Hesston College?
- Opportunities to participate in a wide variety of theatre productions ranging from comedy to drama, as well as musical theatre
- New studio theatre facility that utilizes current lighting techniques and boasts an intimate acting space
- Hands-on professional experiences, including student-directing and designing
For more information or to schedule an audition, complete and send an inquiry form.