Hesston College has a long history of working with English language learners. The Hesston College Intensive English Language Program (IELP) is designed to help you be successful in all of your English language goals. The program operates during the fall semester (mid-August through mid-December) of each academic year.
To meet your goals
Hesston College offers:
- Excellent online English language preparation to communicate successfully and meet your academic and career goals
- Help with transition to Hesston College or other U.S. colleges and universities
- IELP instructors with M.A. degrees in ESOL and international traveling and teaching experience
Hesston College will help you succeed with:
- Orientation sessions
- Individualized academic support services
- Technology support services
- Assistance in post-completion application to Hesston College
Studying at Hesston College
The IELP is offering online classes for Fall 2021. Classes will be offered in two 8-week sessions for flexible enrollment. Students can learn all four skills – reading, writing, listening and speaking – in each session.
- Session 1 (August 16 to October 8, 2021):
Writing and Grammar for Academic Purposes (5 units)
Academic Language and Skills (5 units)
- Session 2 (October 13 to December 9, 2021):
Reading for Academic Purposes (5 units)
Listening and Speaking for Academic Purposes (5 units)
Students who study in the Intensive English Language Program build strong written, reading comprehension and oral communication skills. The interactive classes allow for improvement in necessary skills to improve English language ability.
IELP Classes offer:
- Weekly live Zoom meeting times
- Daily writing, reading, listening and grammar exercises
- Practice speaking activities on video
- Academic preparation
The Hesston College Intensive English Language Program holds approval from the Student and Exhange Visitor Program (SEVP), and as such has membership with EnglishUSA, a resource for English language programs.
Students who successfully finish the IELP and meet Hesston College admission requirements will be able to enroll at Hesston College or other colleges and universities.
- Full IELP (16 weeks, all four courses) – $2,800 includes technology fee and books
- Individuals course (1, 2 or 3 courses) – $750 each