Hesston College has a long history of working with English language learners. The Hesston College Intensive English Language Program (IELP) is designed to help you be successful in all of your English language goals.
The Hesston College IELP program operates during the fall semester (mid-August through mid-December) of each academic year.
Ways to study at Hesston College
- Intensive English Language Program:
- NEW for fall 2020: the Intensive English Language Program is offering only online classes in the fall 2020 semester because of COVID-19. Classes are offered in two 8-week sessions. Students can learn all four skills – reading, writing, listening and speaking – in each session.
- Session 1 (August 17 to October 7, 2020):
Writing and Grammar for Academic Purposes
Language in Context with Academic Skills
- Session 2 (October 14 to December 10, 2020):
Reading for Academic Purposes
Listening and Speaking for Academic Purposes
Students who study in the Intensive English Language Program build strong written, reading comprehension and oral communication skills. The interactive classes allow for improvement in necessary skills to improve English language ability.
IELP Classes offer:
- Recorded lessons of your professors with language activities
- Live Zoom sessions–individual time with your professor or small student groups
- Virtual conversation partners with current Hesston College students
- Virtual campus activities to connect with Hesston College students
Students who successfully finish the IELP and meet Hesston College admission requirements will be able to enroll at Hesston College or other colleges and universities.
What We Offer
- Excellent online English language preparation to communicate successfully and meet your goals.
- 2-3 hours of coursework per day
- Two 8-week sessions for flexible enrollment.
- Online conversation partners and connections with larger Hesston College community.
- Easy transition to Hesston College or other U.S. colleges and universities.
- Friendly campus community.
- IELP instructors all have M.A. degrees in ESOL and international traveling and teaching experience.
- Orientation sessions
- Individualized academic support services
- Technology support services
- Assistance in post-completion application to Hesston College
- $1,512 for one 8-week session or $2,520 for both sessions.
- $350 for books (estimate)
- $228 technology fee
- Submit a writing sample
- Have your high school transcripts sent to Hesston College International Admissions, email@example.com
- If you have taken the SAT, ACT, the TOEFL or another English Language proficiency test, please send a copy or photo of your scores to Hesston College International Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. These tests are not required for admission, but if you have them, please send them.
- Apply to the Hesston College Intensive English Language Program (Spanish application also available)
- Students who want to continue as regular Hesston College students in the spring semester should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Chandra Johnson, director and instructor, email@example.com
- Heidi Hochstetler, instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carlota Ponds, director of international student services, email@example.com
- John Murray, dean of global engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mari Sailors, associate director of international admissions, email@example.com
Meet the international staff