What is Weekend College?
Weekend College is an educational experience where Hesston College comes to you and your congregation or other group as a resource on a variety of topics. Led by Hesston College Bible faculty Nick Ladd.
If you want to
- Make the Bible more user-friendly
- Learn how to cross the “hermeneutical bridge”
- See how each story works together
- Help your congregation fall in love with the Bible all over again
Then you want Weekend College: The Bible as Story
Other possible Weekend College options include:
- Why We Do Peace: Connecting Peacemaking with the Bible
- Worship Leading and Planning: Enhancing Your Sunday Service
- Church Out of the Box: Combining Business and Ministry for Missional Power
- Counseling and Pastoral Care: Learning to Help, Not Hurt
- Anabaptist Vision and Discipleship Series – Feb. 21 to 23, 2020
Typical Weekend College Schedule
- Friday evening – two 90-minute sessions
- Saturday – four 90-minute sessions
- Sunday morning – one-hour question and answer followed by 30-minute sermon wrap-up
Weekend College is offered to churches for $2000, plus travel, lodging and meal reimbursement to the faculty presenter. For groups of more than 100 people an additional $500 fee will be charged and will go to the primary presenter (or secondary presenter, if that is preferred). Churches and communities who cannot afford the full rate may be eligible for a discounted rate. Churches are encouraged to charge their own participants a nominal fee in order to pay for expenses and to encourage individual buy-in and full participation.
To learn more about this experience, contact Dallas Stutzman at 620-327-8110 or email@example.com