Bell named Lark softball coach

Christie Bell

Hesston College Athletic Director Chris Nachtigall announced the hiring of Christie Bell as head softball coach. Originally from Sanger, Texas, Bell resides in Joliet, Ill.

Bell is an assistant coach at University of St. Francis (Joliet, Ill.) where she is finishing up her master’s degree in health education. She coached and taught at the high school level prior to her time at USF with stints at Permian High School (Odessa, Texas) and Estacado High School (Lubbock, Texas).

“I am very excited and honored to be given the opportunity to lead the Hesston College softball program,” said Bell. “I would like to thank Chris Nachtigall and the administration for giving me this chance and for their support. I look forward to being in a Christian environment and back in Kansas. I believe in their program and I cannot wait to continue the winning tradition that coach Andrew Sharp has built.”

Bell is familiar with the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference and Christian higher education. She attended Hutchinson Community College and Oklahoma Wesleyan University. She was an all-conference player for OWU.

“Christie is committed to mentoring and developing young women on and off the field,” said Nachtigall. “We are confident she will not only add to our department but the Hesston College community as well.”

Bell will start recruitment immediately and will officially start in the fall.