Hesston College’s International Chorale will perform eight concerts in four countries during a three-week European tour in May and June. Prior to departing Hesston, the choir will also perform a bon voyage concert at 4 p.m., Saturday, May 12, at Hesston Mennonite church.
For 30 years, the International Chorale has formed every other year to perform in Europe.
The choir, which is under the direction of Dr. Russell Adrian and tour leader Ken Rodgers, has a repertoire that includes both sacred and secular pieces. The program for the 2018 tour is entitled “My Father’s World,” and celebrates international community, which is also an important element of the Hesston College community.
European concert venues include:
• May 17, Doopsgezinde Gemeente, Utrecht, Netherlands
• May 19, Vereenigde Doopsgezinde Gemeente, Haarlem, Netherlands
• May 20, Doopsgezinde Gemeente, Joure, Netherlands
• May 22, St. Franziskus Kirche, Hamburg-Barmbek, Germany
• May 26, St. Augustinus Kirche, Munich, Germany
• May 30, Reformierte Kirchgemeinde Wattenwil-Forst, Wattenwil, Switzerland
• May 31, Eglise Evangélique Mennonite du Petit-Val Evangelische Mennonitengemeinde Kleintal, Moron Switzerland
• June 1, Eglise Evangélique Mennonite de Pfastatt, Mulhouse, France
Aside from performing concerts, the group will also be studying European history and visiting sites significant to national events and the Anabaptist/Mennonite faith tradition.