Hesston College’s premier vocal ensemble, the Bel Canto Singers, will travel east for a spring break tour March 18 to 25 with 10 planned performances in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa and South Dakota.
The 29-voice mixed chamber choir, under the direction of Dr. Russell Adrian, will present a program entitled “Living Water,” which is inspired by biblical images of water that flow through the old and new testaments. The program features a cappella works, selections with organ or piano and special music by soloists and small ensembles.
In some locations, the Bel Canto concert will be a collaboration with choirs from local Mennonite high schools.
The tour itinerary includes:
- Sunday, March 18, 10:30 a.m., Weavers Mennonite Church, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Sunday, March 18, 3 p.m., Park View Mennonite Church, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Monday, March 19, Lancaster Mennonite School, Lancaster, Pa.
- Monday, March 19, 7 p.m., Blossom Hill Mennonite Church, Lancaster, Pa.
- Tuesday, March 20, 7 p.m., Crown Hill Mennonite Church, Rittman, Ohio, with the Central Christian Varsity Singers
- Wednesday, March 21, 9:30 a.m., Central Christian High School, Kidron, Ohio
- Wednesday, March 21, 7 p.m., West Clinton Mennonite Church, Wauseon, Ohio
- Thursday, March 22, 11 a.m., Greencroft Goshen Community Center, Goshen, Ind.
- Thursday, March 22, 7 p.m., Waterford Mennonite Church, Goshen, Ind.
- Friday, March 23, 7 p.m., Iowa Mennonite School, Kalona, Iowa, with the Iowa Mennonite School Concert Choir
- Sunday, March 25, 9:30 a.m., Salem Mennonite Church, Freeman, S.D.
- Tuesday, March 27, 7 p.m., Hesston Mennonite Church, Hesston, Kan.
The 2017-18 year marks the 34th season for the Bel Canto Singers. The group carries out ambitious concert and touring schedules annually. Recent juried appearances have included performances for VOCES8, Chanticleer, the King’s Singers, Charles Bruffy and the Rose Ensemble.