The Hesston College men’s soccer team is excited to announce the commitment of nine more student-athletes, completing one of the largest soccer recruiting classes in school history. Joining the Larks will be two players each from Texas, Kansas and Florida and one from Nebraska as well as two international students, from France and Thailand. These nine freshman will join nine others as well as six sophomores to make up the 2017 roster. The team will include players from five countries and eight states.
“This group of freshman should really solidify who we are trying to become and help us accomplish things that have not happened with the men’s soccer team in over a decade,” Head Coach Matt Gerlach commented. “These guys are going to be a vital part of this program moving forward because they already have a desire to be great men, influence the world and make a difference through loving the game of soccer”
The nine new commits and Coach Gerlach’s assessment:
- Anawin Boonprasert (Thailand) will play a key role in solidifying the defense and starting the attack from the backline.
- Doron Boyd (Wichita, Kan.-Wichita North High School) has unbelievable athletic talent and will ask a lot of anyone guarding him as he attempts to become a major goal-scoring threat.
- Giovanni Carrillo (Arlington, Texas-Mansfield Timberview High School) is a quick and fierce defender who will add depth along the backline and quality in the locker-room.
- Josh Jantzi (Newton, Kan.-Newton High School) brings athleticism and versatility to the Larks roster. He can play outside or in the middle on both sides of the ball.
- Javier Reyna (Niceville, Fla.-Niceville High School) has quality and brings a level of competition that we have not seen yet. His ability make things happen and being active both on the attack and on defense will really help the Larks on the flanks.
- Samuel Rios (Harmony School of Ingenuity-Houston, Texas) is a goal scorer. He knows how to find the back of the net and his goal tally after two years here will really surprise people.
- Luis Roque (Delray Beach, Fla.-Boca Raton Community High School) brings fantastic vision and composure. He will man the flanks and bring quality distribution and attacking flair.
- Teo Soler (France-Wichita Collegiate School) is a high quality signing in every aspect. He is a hard working fullback that will give this team the best both on and off the field.
- Colin Williams (Grand Island, Neb.-Grand Island High School) brings a swagger and knack to find a pass and thread the needle as a distributor. He will really challenge backlines with his vision.
The 2017 Larks soccer team hopes to build off of their 5-13-1 record in Coach Matt Gerlach’s second year at the helm.