The Hesston College men’s soccer program is proud to announce the commitments of nine student-athletes to join the Larks for the 2017 season. The Larks welcome three players from Texas and one each from South Dakota, Colorado, Texas, Nebraska and Kentucky. The Larks have also added another international student-athlete (Panama).
The group of nine incoming freshmen will join six returning sophomores to the 2017 fall roster. The Larks expect to add a few more commitments in the coming weeks.
New Additions: Ian Espinosa, Baker, Fla., Baker High School; Dewain Lindo, Houston, Texas, Cypress Falls High School; Jordan Martin, Bennington, Neb., Bennington Senior High School; Dawson McCawley, Longmont, Colo., Skyline High School; Ricardo Pineda Moreno, Panama; Roe Russey, Richmond, Texas, William B. Travis High School; Djay Taylor, Nassau, Bahamas; Bryson White, Fort Worth, Texas, W.E. Boswell High School; Zachary Yoder, Berea, Kentucky, Madison Southern High School.
“We are excited about the direction of our team and the immediate impact this recruiting class is going to make,” Head Coach Matt Gerlach commented. “We have a diverse group of guys who excel on the field. The speed, size and smarts of these guys are going to instantly bring a high quality to practice and give us renewed competitive opportunities in 2017. But what I’m most excited about is the fact that each one of these young men has already started to buy in to what we are doing. We want them to become great men who can influence the world and do great things through the love of the beautiful game.”
- Ian Espinosa will join the Larks from the FC Dallas club in Florida. A striker that will look to help the Larks.
- Dewain Lindo is a versatile player that is expected to play a large role for the Larks. Lindo will add to the Larks lineage of strong players from Cypress Falls H.S.
- Jordan Martin can play anywhere in the defensive line, and will be one of two Nebraskans joining the Larks in 2017.
- Dawson McCawley, an all-state forward from Colorado, scored 24 goals and added nine assists his senior year while leading the Eagles to the first round of the 4A state playoffs. McCawley was named 4A Tri Valley Conference player of the year.
- Ricardo Pineda Moreno joins the Larks from the Central American nation of Panama. A versatile player who is expected to see time in the midfield for Hesston in 2017.
- Roe Russey, a physically imposing player at 6’7″, is a highly touted player from the Houston area who will see time at defense and midfield.
- Djay Taylor, a speedy player from Nassau, has already represented his nation of the Bahamas at the U-23 level. Taylor has enrolled at Hesston College for the spring 2017 semester.
- Bryson White, an all-region goalkeeper from the Fort Worth area, posted an impressive 13 shutouts, 121 saves and 12 goals against in his senior season.
- Zachary Yoder, a grandson of chemistry professor Jim Yoder, brings quality to the midfield.
The Larks will look to improve on their 5-13-1 record under their first season with coach Gerlach.