Located on the main floor of Smith Center, the Academic Center for Career Exploration and Student Success (ACCESS) provides the following services to help all students achieve academic success:
- A quiet setting for study, computers for word processing and research and staff assistance with students’ coursework.
- Success courses designed to improve study skills and to develop tools integral part to academic success: College Learning Strategies, Basic Writing and Career Development.
- Open tutoring and group study sessions for specified subject areas (see posted schedule).
- Free peer tutoring in any subject area.
- Individual consultation with ACCESS staff to assist students working to meet their academic goals.
- Accommodations for students with special needs are coordinated by ACCESS staff. Professional documentation may be required to receive these services.
- Career advising is available for students deciding on a major or considering a change.
- Writing fellows are trained to support peers in writing assigments in any course at any stage of writing from brainstorming to final editing.