Affiliated Departments or Programs
- B.S.N., Eastern Mennonite College, 1990
- M.S.N., Indiana University, 1997
Licensure and Certifications
- R.N., Kansas
- A.P.R.N., Kansas
- Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care (CPNP-PC)
I believe that children need high quality health care delivered in a developmentally appropriate, professional, compassionate manner.
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners member
- American Academy of Pediatrics associate member
- certification - Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
Full-time pediatric nurse practitioner at Cottonwood Pediatrics, Newton Kan.
- Pediatric campus skills laboratory
In Addition …
What draws you to the field of nursing?
Providing health care for children requires a variety of skills and wide knowledge base that I find challenging and rewarding.
How has your background and educational experience shaped you as a teacher?
I have spent my professional life trying to improve the lives of children and their families. Each child is a special and precious child of God, no matter their cultural or socioeconomic background. Influencing future members of the health care team to approach each child in this manner is a very important part of teaching.