Affiliated Departments or Programs
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Wichita (Kan.) State University, 2017
- Master of Business Administration
- concentrations in corporate finance and investment management, University of Oklahoma (Norman) 2007
- Master of Arts in English
- emphasis on creative writing, University of Oklahoma (Norman) 1997
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
- College of the Holy Cross (Worcester, Mass.) 1992
"The Strain of Leadership in Oklahoma's Nonprofit Sector and What Can Be Done About It," David LeVan, Danielle S. Beu and M. Ronald Buckley. Oklahoma Business Bulletin, April 2007, Volume 75, Number 1, pp. 7-15.
"I see myself as a classroom facilitator, and I believe that my role is to engage students in activities that force them into action in order to make meaning of the material covered in class. I am most successful as a teacher when I see a room full of engaged students, all focused on the task at hand."
- BuAc 206 Managerial Accounting I
- BuAd 109 Exploring Business
- BuAd 205 Business Communication
- BuAd 210 Marketing
- BuAd 218 Entrepreneurship
- Econ 221 Principles of Macroeconomics
- Econ 222 Principles of Microeconomics
- Econ 261 Industrialization to Globalization: The Making of a T-shirt
- Engl 125 College Writing I
- IDS 100 First-Year Seminar
In Addition …
Teaching and business experience
- English Teacher, Hesston High School, Hesston, Kan., August 2008 – May 2009
- Business Operations Officer, Westminster School, Oklahoma City, Okla., August 2005 – July 2008
- Seventh Grade Civics Teacher, Westminster School, Oklahoma City, Okla., August 1998 – July 2008
- Eighth Grade English Teacher, Mayfield Middle School, Oklahoma City, Okla., August 1997 – June 1998
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Oklahoma, Norman, August 1995 – May 1997
- Fourth Grade Teacher, St. Francis School, Gallup, N.M., August 1993 – May 1995
How will Hesston’s Business program challenge students academically?
Students will be challenged to move beyond simply learning the content in the textbook. They will be asked to think critically and apply the content learned to a variety of business situations to help them understand how and why the material covered in class matters.
What are the advantages students in Business find coming to Hesston?
The Business Department has a dedicated faculty committed to helping students succeed. Instructors serve as teachers, advisors and mentors during the students’ two years on campus. We get to know our students closely through the small class sizes, our role as advisors, and the ability to work with students in multiple classes throughout their time at Hesston College.