Women’s Tennis anticipates 2014 season

Hesston College women's tennis action photo

First-year Hesston College Women’s Tennis coach Myron Diener points to returners Samantha Aeschliman (Lindsborg, Kan.), Narumi Hayano (Kiyosu-Shi, Aichi-ken, Japan) and Savannah Mitchell (Groveland, Ill.) as veteran leaders for the upcoming season. Freshmen Brett Fair (Topeka, Kan.) and Victoria Kropf (Monroe, Ore.) give the Larks added talent.

“I was pleased with the effort the team put forth during the off-season by getting out to the courts several days per week,” Diener said. “This will certainly pay off as we get into the competitive portion of the season. We will be challenged this spring with mostly four-year schools on the schedule.  We are excited to host six home matches this spring.”

The Larks kick off the new season with a 1 p.m. home match with Colorado Christian University on Sunday, March 2.

“I am honored to return to this setting that I experienced 35 years ago,” Diener said. “To have an influence on a group of students who have chosen my classroom – the tennis court – is a blessing.”