Men’s Tennis looks ahead to new campaign

Hesston College men's tennis action - Kedrik Mast

Coming off a successful 2013 season, first-year Hesston College Men’s Tennis coach Myron Diener points to returners Drew Hostetler (Goshen, Ind.), Kendrik Mast (Harrisonburg, Va.) and Dominic Murray (Denver) as veterans who will be counted on to lead the program this spring. Freshman Eric Cender (Valparaiso, Ind.), among others, give the Larks added talent.

“I was pleased with the effort the team put forth during the off-season by getting out to the courts several days per week,” Diener said. “This will certainly pay off as we get into the competitive portion of the season. We will be challenged this spring with mostly four-year schools on the schedule.  We are excited to host six home matches this spring.

The Larks kick off the new season with a 1 p.m. home match with Colorado Christian University Sunday, March 2.

“I am honored to return to this setting that I experienced 35 years ago,” Diener said. “To have an influence on a group of students who have chosen my classroom – the tennis court – is a blessing.”